GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 1999 16:51:48 EST
Tony Ceesay wrote:

Jaajef Jabou,

 I extend my regards, and sincerely thank you for posting this
 essay on the L. Despite it's length I have printed it out and
 read it and would highly reccommend it to all those on the L
 who may be interested, and indeed even to those who think
 they might not be.

 It seems to me that Abdul Hakim Murad has really summed
 up the challenges facing us, and let those who disagree put
 forward a different view and we can debate them.

 I only recently discovered Abdul Hakim Murad, and you may
 have seen the article on Gender and Islam that I posted to
 the L a little while ago (which I am attaching below).
 Unfortunately I did not have the time to post it as you have
 done with this article. I hope that you might find the time to
 read that one, and maybe post any comments. I would also
 be interested to hear from Bro. Momodou Mbye Jabang on
 these articles. I personally have found them very inspiring
 and indeed liberating!

 Anyway, thank you again for the posting,

 Yeendu ak jaama & Ramadan Mubarak - baallal ma axa

 Tony

Tony,

l think it will be good to debate the issues raised in this article by Mr
Murad. Infact, Prince Coker had asked a question pertaining to some of these
issues, and l had merely given him a non-committal answer due to the fact
that l have been rather busy with business and Ramadan. However, l will come
back to you guys on this issue when time permits me, inshallah.Thanks for the
forward, and Ramadan Kareem.

Jabou Joh