GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dave Manneh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 May 2002 19:21:00 +0100
These guys are truly dickheads??
Who in their right minds would fly Fighter Jets over a congested city like
Banjul
and the suburbs when there is NO reason for it, except to terrify an
innocent populace?

Mr Mboge you live in London and HMS RAF Norholt is in the outskirts
of the city, but have you ever seen a Jet Fighter frightening the living day
light
of out of Londoners? Nope, am sure you haven't, for not only is it dangerous
and fool
hardy, but is totally unnecessary. I live in Southampton and we have HMS RAF
Daedulus/Cranwell,
but apart from the "spitfire" air shows (and that is done over the waters
too) during armistice day
celebrations one could be forgiven for thinking that there are no RAF
Stations in the Southampton
environs.

Without knowing the service history of the particular fighter jet/s won't
you think
a responsible govt/military would rather be flying this gargantuan of a
museum piece
over the Atlantic ocean? But hey I really think that sometimes we expect too
much of the
nutters.

Please, dickheads spend the money needed for fuelling and servicing this
museum piece on
more urgent and overdue services like hospitals, so that someone else's
little brother
will not have to go through the pain mine did.

I hope you get out of your slumbers soon, for both your own good and the
good of our "tired"
peole.

Regards
Manneh