GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Yusupha Jow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Jan 2000 17:43:18 EST
Mr. Jarju,
Though Dr. Saine's proposal does not speak for everyone on this forum, it is my opinion that he speaks for most.  To my knowledge, he is the only person on this Bantaba that has attempted to bring the government to task on some of the issues that concerns most of us by laying a constructive framework for a dialogue with the defacto government.  Furthermore, he did all this in a well laid out and well researched document.

This said, I think that Dr. Saine deserves commendation for his paper solely based on his attempt to start a constructive dialogue with the government, which is, for now, the logical approach to take. Let's give credit where it is due.

Thank you, Dr. Saine, for being a strong voice of reason on this forum.

Yus