GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
setsima machu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Feb 2001 14:44:50 -0600
           Tombong,
                It was intersting for me to read your previous listing on
the L. I thought that I'd write and see whether you would be able to
enlighten me and others on what reforms you are taking to task, in seeing
that GRTS i.e. "Television Station" becomes a much more efficient and less
bias tool of media in the eyes of many. Many have accused your organization
of being one sided, can you please put clarity to why such a scenario
lingers, and what you as Director of Television Services is trying to do, in
eradicating or changing such perceptions within some people in the public
and other groups.
                Realizing that your station is a state ran institution, is
there any, from your knownledge, any growing demand within the Gambian
diaspora, for their to be an emergence of a private media sector. If there
is, can you please tell me about it and how supportive you would be of such
a scenario. I hope that you respond to my questions as soon as you have the
ability to. Thanks again.
                  Setsima