GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ebou Jallow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 11:10:39 -0500
Kebba,

In good humor, I recalled Descartes' "evil daimon" when overwhelmed
with paralizing solipsistic skepticism- the Devil controlling my
actions? Wow! that is new.  In any case Kebba I am not being sarcastic.
I am very well aware of the court judgement in your possesion which is
quite authentic but there is nothing in it that apportions culpability
of the crime of theft to neither Jammeh nor myself.  Phillippe Bidawid,
a friend of mine, represents a serious bank in Geneva and is obliged by
law to recount with candor all that he knows about the whole
transaction so as to protect the intergrity of the bank.  In essence,
Phillipe reinforces my earlier statements that there was no fraudulent
activity in the funds tranfer.    Afterall Kebba this whole hullabuloo
about stolen monies is nothing but a comedy of errors.  Mark you...I
will repeat this again-  I am not aware of any misappropriated
Government funds by Jammeh.  If you know of any please produce the
concrete evidence.  I can guarrantee you that every single dime from
the $35M loan I negotiated with the Taiwanese can be accounted for and
there is absolutely nothing to hide or fear.

My brother, contrary to what you would love to believe, the Jammeh I
know is not a thief neither am I. On another note, someone mentioned a
sound proposal for Halifa to raise the issue at the parliament, and
perhaps initiate a committee to investigate this humbug.  Well my
friend let it be so that we can close this nonsense once and for all.
I am ready for a real showdown anytime.