GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mr Makaveli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 08:58:49 -0500
Kangaroo Court Part II:

OBJECTION OVERRULED! You may proceed Mr Makaveli.

Thank you, your HONOR.

MR KEBBA JOBE,

QUESTION:    You once stated that to say that Jammeh is wealthy is to put
             it mildly.My question is: Is he STEALING our taxpayer's money
             YES/NO, and if NO can you tell us what really is happening
             to our government coffers, as we speak?
             (Note the emphasis STEAL).

POSSIBLE SPIN: Well, as you already know Mr Jammeh is actively engaged in
               agriculture and animal husbandry but I must admit he has
               been engaged in activities that violates his responsibility
               and trust. But let's not forget he builds us schools; the
               airport;oh yes, the list goes on. So overall he is good man.

NUH! NOT THIS TIME BODY. GIVE US A BETTER SPIN, DOCTOR. FOR INSTANCE IF A
THIEF BREAKS INTO YOUR HOUSE AND STEALS YOUR VCR, DO YOU SAY HE IS
'Stealing' OR DO YOU SAY 'he was engaged in activities which violates his
responsibility and trust'. AGAIN THIS IS JUST THE KIND OF SPIN I WOULD TO
GET FROM YOU AND IT'S JUST AN EXAMPLE , SO I LOOK FORWARD TO A HONEST AND
SPIN-FREE ANSWER SINCE YOU'VE TAKEN IT UPON YOURSELF TO DISCUSS THE Issues
Mr. Saidy can chip in since that is his signature cliche. I hope I don't
get the usual bloviation from neither one of you but then I may be asking
too much. And while it may sound like a morality issue, accountability is
what I'm really after. And I would like to have it for the RECORD(G_L Archives to be specific). Details are fine but not a prerequisite. YES/NO?

Have a good day and bye 4Now, Mr Makaveli.