GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Jan 2003 10:08:47 EST
Although it is not confirmed yet why my in-law Mam Yassin Sey resigned,  if
indeed she resigned in protest over consistent administrative interference in
her work
then I salute her. If lawyers and judges cannot practice their profession
according to the laws they are there to protect,then to continue to serve in
such an atmosphere is a compromise to ones' professional itegrity, and Judge
Sey has that plus professionalism and  competence that The Gambia should
sherish and be proud of.

If she was overlooked for a well deserved promotion, then that  senseless
injustice has cost our judicial system the benefit of Justice Sey's
contribution and it is a loss for the Gambian people.
However, Justice Mam Yassin Sey can hold her head up because the standard she
is trying to maintain is what will move our country in the right direction
and history will vindicate he as an asset to our national advancement as
opposed to a contributor to the dissolution of the fabric of our justice
system.
Mamlie would be proud of you Mam Yassin.

Jabou Joh