GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Jun 2001 11:03:59 -0400
I am encouraged by news from Banjul stating that OJ intends to defy Decree
89 and actively participate in the coming presidential elections. OJ also
spoke of consultations between all the Opposition parties in the country,
both banned and 'unbanned', to formulate a strategy to defeat Yaya in
October. I say kudos to OJ. I hope the current Opposition and their
supporters will stand by OJ if our illegal government wants to pounce on
him. We should not allow any NIA thugs or July 22 Movement bandits to abduct
and incarcerate OJ. I understand that recently the people of Bakau stood up
to these thugs and prevented the kidnapping of another Opposition figure. We
should continue to defend ourselves and our leaders. We should not allow the
cowards to annihilate us. Yaya and his thugs cannot slaughter all Gambians.
Even the sick puppy (sadist Singhateh) cannot massacre the whole Opposition.
Let us take them on and not succumb to their bully tactics. They are all
cowards. Just look at how 'macho' Sana Sabally has been reduced to crying
puppy that pees his pants when APRC thugs torture him. They are all a bunch
of trigger-happy cry-babies.

It is also welcomed news that the Opposition is quite vigilant during this
voter registration process. We should first and foremost ensure that our
people are registered. Excuses from the IEC that films are finished, would
not fly. Darn right the films are finished. The vermin are using all their
resources registering foreigners to vote for Yaya. The vermin know that
Gambians do not want Yaya. Even APRC cronies know that the moron is an empty
barrel; a hateful High School drop-out that would not hesitate to order the
massacre of innocent and defenseless children in order to perpetuate himself
in power. The APRC cronies know that Yaya is not fit to be a leader. They
are all scared to death to think straight. They are all nothing but a bunch
of selfish sycophants that are only after self-preservation. You cannot talk
to a single Gambia that willingly supports Yaya and does not expect a quid
pro quo. The vermin are supporting the moron either for a job or out of fear
because they have skeletons in their closets. Yesterday I told you what Yaya
had against Singhateh and Touray. The latter murdered Koro Ceesay in
cold-blood and Yaya knows that.

People like Sedat Jobe and Sarjo Jallow have already mortgaged their souls
to the Devil in order to ride fancy cars and live at taxpayers' expense.
These shameless vermin know that when the government changes they will have
to account for the despicable actions they took while working for this
government that massacred our children. Naturally, they will do and say
everything within their power to ensure that Yaya is intact. But what they
do not realize is that Yaya being in power does not guarantee their
survival. The moron can jettison them anytime. Just like he jettisoned seven
AGs including Pap Cheyassin Secka. When that time comes, they will be
unleashed to the general population. Like Secka and the Blaise Jagnes of
this world, Sarjo Jallow and Sedat Jobe will abscond and look for cover.
Shameless and despicable vermin.

If they think that by calling people 'angry' some of us will ignore their
crimes, they must be living in Lala-land. We do not live in that kind of
society any more. Yaya and all his cronies will be held accountable for
their crimes against humanity. All their ill-gotten gains will be taken away
from them and returned to the Gambian people where it rightly belongs. All
the cronies jumping up and down as we write/speak would be brought to book
and reduced to the nonentities they are/were. Taxi drivers will return to
their jobs. Semi-illiterates will not be allowed to pretend that they are
newspaper editors. Incoherent fools will not be allowed to play ambassadors
in important countries. Lieutenants will not be promoted to generals over
night. High School drop-outs will not be allowed to pretend that they earned
doctorate degrees the hard way. Drug addicts and drug dealers will not be
sent to foreign missions and allowed to run for elections. Darn right we are
angry. We are angry at the child murderers and the thieves in our midst. No
innocent Gambian need to fear the Opposition. The current Opposition DEFENDS
innocent and defenseless Gambians. The actions of people like Sidia Jatta
speaks for themselves. Ousainou Darboe has defended in court many Gambians
(including Pap Cheyassin Secka). It is Yaya that KILLS innocent and
defenseless Gambians. I pity gullible Gambians that would willingly switch
the roles because they are too scared to think straight. I pity phony and
funny Gambians that would ignore Current Atrocities and zoom on an imaginary
future atrocity, without any basis whatsoever. I pity Gambians that have
been emasculated by an impotent; cowards that would not defend their own
wives and children from the pillage Yaya subjects them.

I respectfully urge the Opposition to remain vigilant. Gambians know the
truth. Some might be so scared and misguided to admit it publicly, but they
know. Let us just get together and register our supporters. When these
people enter the lonely ballot booths (where Yaya is not watching), I am
sure they will vote for the Opposition. There is no way Yaya can win a free
and fair election in the country. The vermin can steal power through rigged
elections or through the barrel of the gun, but no sane Gambian will
willingly vote for him. After all, what can a callous, uncouth,
inexperienced, dishonest High School drop-out offer us? Nothing but misery
and acute poverty.
KB