GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nabiha Safriwe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 12:01:25 -0800
I did receive this mail on Monday and  don't know if it's for real or not. Personally, it seems more like a sick joke than anything else, I just wanna know if anyone has receive any such mail in the past
Nabiha
  MARIAM ABACHA <[log in to unmask]> wrote: Dear Sir,

assalamalakun!

I am HAJIA (MRS.) MARYAM ABACHA wife of the Late
Nigerian Head of State,GEN. SANNI ABACHA. We have not
met before, I got your contact throughNigerian chamber
of commerce and I feel like I should trust you. It is
no news telling you that my family has been going
through untold hardship sincethe 8th June 1998 when my
husband died, my family has lost so much including
some fixed assets my late husband acquired while in
power

Evidently, the pages of all Nigerian Dailies, which
you can equally getfrom Nigerian Embassy in your
country will tell better our story. Even now,our homes
are under surveillance; worst of all, the Government
has resortedto confiscating everything that has to do
with our family. Before the deathof my husband,
General Sanni Abacha, he ran among other business of
his own a “BUREAU DE CHANGE? which was flourishing
with every Government support.

From the Bureau De Change Business which has now been
clamped down on byNigerian Government, I was able to
save US$53 Million in cash. I tried to safeguard it in
a security company here in Nigeria but couldn’t.
Throughthe help of a close family friend who works in
the Security Company, Idiverted the US$53 Million and
moved it out of Nigeria under the label of family
treasure to a security company in a neigbouring
country.

For security reasons, I wouldn’t mention the name of
the country until Ihear from you. In view of our
condition here and the high interest rate the security
company charges, the money could not be safe there. I
would therefore need your honest assistance to clear
this fund from the Security Company and safeguard it
for me in your country. Should you help me in this
regard, you will have 25% of the money for yourself
and guide me further to invest the remaining 70% in
any viable business venture. while 5% is earmarked to
cover expenses contingencies.

Please if you ever find it in your heart to help me,
contact my lawyer Bar. mustapha Ahmed for further
discussions on his email [log in to unmask] Your
telephone and fax numbers will also be needed to
enable my lawyer get back to you with the lodging code
and clearance permit from the Security Company. As
soon as you sendthis information through my lawyer, I
will go ahead and instruct theSecurity Company to
arrange for you to pick up the consignment.
Whilethanking you for your anticipated understanding
and cooperation, I lookforward to your urgent
response.

Best regards,

HAJIA (MRS.) M. ABACHA.

http://greetings.yahoo.com