GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lamin Sanyang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Jun 2001 23:16:10 -0000
Reading recent developments i believe that come october, jemus and the aprc
are going to win. A united opposition can do magic, but is there a
possibility for unity. Time is going at the speed of light!

Whilst the UDP leader was vacillating between attending and not attending
the ALD program in DC, jemus and his party were scoring points on the
ground: 'Western Division', Musu Kebba Drammeh & Saihou Ceesay, a website.
When Mr. Halifa Sallah was counting the 'meager'$500 from the DC event 600
UDP followers were pledging their loyalties to jemus and the aprc!

I am not one who subscribes to the slogan ' anybody is better than yaya'.
No. Not mental pygmies. I want a shrewd leadership, a progressive
leadership, one whose heartbeat sings in unison with that of our people,
amongst other positive qualities.

Does the UDP fulfill the above criteria?

It is beautiful to speak mandinka. You just have to listen to Sidia Jatta of
PDOIS. We should cherish our local languages and improve our
vocabulary(instead of anglicizing them). But, good folks what is wrong with
speaking simple english and be understood by everybody. You save time, no
need for interpreters(who, mark you might add or miss a point). Lesser noise
and a better focused audience.

Does the PDOIS qualify?

Through the years people have come to realize that as individuals none can
claim or pose to be the most educated person walking the surface of this
earth. With that came the revelation: the love for the gambia cannot be
monopoly or personal effects.

In sharing Saul Khan's and Musa Jeng's observations indeed Halifa Sallah is
vintage. I will vote for PDOIS with the hope of winning the next coming
election, not october. For only a disciplined, protracted struggle can
remove jemus & the aprc legally. With a change in strategy,(not of
principle) PDOIS can win.

MLJassey-Conteh I have $20 for the election fund drive. Kindly send me your
address!
Minos