GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Pierre Gomez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Nov 2003 12:24:27 -0500
Oko,

I must be sincere to say that i found your postings to be highly mature and historical. These are stories that should be carefully compiled and handed over to my generation so that we can carve a better destiny.

Oko i am disappointed that you, like myself a sympathiser of PDOIS do not cast your vote for them. I may not know why you did not vote for them, but for me, i simply gave up voting because i found all politicians in the Gambia, with the exception of PDOIS to be Liers, opportunists, with the undisclosed agenda of stealing our wealth once they become presidents. (Jawara about 400m in oil revenue, Jammeh unknown yet, next president will be more hungry than Jammeh-Jawara combined) God pity this country!. By the way, to refuse to vote like myself, you got to know these so called former soldiers, former commissioners, former agriculture ministers, former lawyers, and then you will say to yourself, hey, is this for real!. I should have voted for PDOIS but you know how everyone concluded that this parrty will not win.

Oko, unlike you who witnessed the events as they unfold, i am only using my experiences of what transpired in the 80s, to re-construct the past. I also got alot of history from a tete-a-tete with both Halifa and Sam Sarr. I know how they suffered following the 81 problem. I also know how Sam Sarr's family was victimised as a result. But what i have never known till lately was the Nkurama factor in Gambian politics, till late 90s. I was very interested in knowing it from those who were there like Tamsir Jallow of GTU.

Oko, as i conclude what can be done to convince the thousands of people who say they do not vote because PDOIS will not win.

PG

Outgoing mail is Virus Scanned byNorman Data Defense. Inbound Spam reduced 98.2% byVircom Sieve. PghConnect Internet Services Internet service for only $6.95/mo. http://www.pghconnect.com
http://www.pghconnect.com/