GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ansumana Kujabi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Mar 2001 08:25:51 -0000
KB:

You have vividly pinpointed what should be done in this instance in order to
give the benefit of doubt to all those folks who had attended the MRDG(UK)
meeting. As you have said, for now let's lay down low and allow situations
to run its course before lamenting on what each and every attendee had said
at the meeting. I think the central purpose of the meeting in the short run
is two fold: (1) To sent a strong message to the British Government that
they being our colonial master should have been in the forefront to take
Moron Jammeh to task in making sure that Laws of the Land will continue to
prevail. And in addition, to make sure that the well orchestrated state
terrorism against our own people does not happen; but instead, the British
Government, for some reason better know to themselves alone has decided to
restore Military Aid to such a moron administration. This is enormously
disappointing, and disheartening to every Gambian. To the embarassement of
the British Government, the United States which had never colonized The
Gambia, is sticking to its guns in isolating the morons administration. I
think this point was vividly made at the meeting. (2) The meeting also
highlighted the significance of TOGETHERNESS of all Gambians, whether
present at the meeting or not, all Gambians around the world have now
realized that there is no place like home, sweet home. Despite, so many
Gambians living in the United states, Europe, Asia and Scandinavia who are
immensely enjoying good standards of living, they all have a common purpose:
Yayaless Gambia.

Having said all these, I must however, warn Gambians to be cautious when
selecting a Leader, for we have suffered a lot in just six years to have
learned that EFFECTIVE and EFFICIENT LEADERSHIP is more than just a name in
our country; therefore, all those people complaining about Jawara being
there or OJ and HAMAT BAH, and also PETERS's favorable comments about Jawara
does not really matter at the moment. For now, all that we need is self
restraint and dedication.

Furthermore, I am not intrigued by PDOIS' invitation in London either.
Though, PDOIS must also be given the opportunity to appear before the BAHOUM
COMMITTEE to make its case as well. This is what DEMOCRACY, FAIRNESS,
INTEGRITY and RESPONSIBLE debate is all about. Then, later on, we could
commence serious discussion about Leadership in our country. On that note, I
applaud MRDG(UK).