GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ginny Quick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Mar 2001 00:20:35 -0600
Hello, Yusupha...  It always bothered me about Cleopatra being played by
Elizabeth Taylor.  In my mind, something seemed wrong...
     Also, to the person that said that the people mentioned in the original
post really didn't invent they things they are given credit for, all I can
say is that the names Daniel Hale Williams and Charles Drew readily come to
mind.
     Charles Drew, in particular, because I remember reading about him in a
book when I was about 13, I think...
    And my dad told me about an episode he saw of MASH, where they talked
about Charles Drew, and my father asked me about it.  Something about,
Charles Drew dying because they wouldn't given him the very transfusion he
needed at a hospital, because he was black.  And my father said that that
was ironic givent hat he invented that...
     I am not sure what the original poster was trying to say, I think his
name was Lamin...
     But whatever the case, if these people really did invent these things,
they should be given credit for it.
     As far as Egypt goes, I have always wondered what the ancient Egyptians
looked like...
     Anyway, my apologies for the rambling post.  I hope I made some sort of
sense...
Ginny