GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mansour N'Jie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 14:14:01 EST
Tombong I rearly respond to postings on the "L," my friend please do not
insult our intelligence. You are not talking to functional illiterates or
some arrested development adolence. For you to write and defend your agency
as  fair and independent, is as ridiculous as Gerald Ford's statement during
the 1975 Presidential debate with Jimmy Carter, when Ford said, am quoting
now "there is no Soviet Domination of Eastern Europe." Which World are you
living in, you are either in denial or like Malcolm X once said, you've been
BAMBOOZLED?
It pains me Tombong to see someone like you with your potential, defending
what's happening to our Nation. What happened to the Tombong we knew in High
school, the STUDENT ACTIVIST and the guy who used to railed against the PPP
regime's (am not a PPP symphatizer) anti democratic ways. I am convince, that
deep in your soul, there is a Hugh conflict between your present line of
work, of been the mouth piece of the most brutal and corrupt regime we've
ever known, and your personal beliefs. Do the RIGHT THING? Do what no one has
done yet since the APRC came to power. RESIGN IN PROTEST. Forget about the
prestige of the position or the financial benefits that comes with it. THIS
IS ABOUT PRINCIPLES AND BELIEFS. Resolve the conflict within you. What you
are defending is not you. You know it and we who knew you, know this. You are
a better person. If you are been given immoral orders, it is morally
incumbent upon you to refused those orders. Open the airwaves to all view
points. The Gambian people deserve a free media, especially if they are
paying for this medium.
Tombong, you have sisters, brothers, fathers, uncles, nephews and nieces
disappearing, people been assinated and brutalized by the NIA. These are
people's loved ones, bread winners for their families.Why subject any body to
such kind of pain. Only GOD MUST take a life and my friend the NIA IS NO GOD.
These are the kind of  atrocities that are becoming the norm in our Nation.
Why. This is very UN-GAMBIAN, WE DON'T KNOW THIS, WE NEVER HAVE. These are
the kind of issues your agency needs to bring to the forefront. The gambian
people deserve to know what their government is doing. Send your reporters to
investigate and air the NIA's dirty laundry. Advocate the abolition of the
NIA. We don't need the NIA. Who needs thugs and bandits as police? Well, I
can go on to infinity, but it is not necessary. I hope you'll get the
message. You have disappointed a lot of people.