GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
SUNTOU TOURAY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Sep 2007 11:35:52 +0100
some more names to the list:

  BB DARBOE    LAWYER     ERITERIA
  BUBA BARROW   CIVIL ENGINEER   U.S
  BABA BARROW  ACCOUNTANT/ADMINISTRATOR MBTI INSTITUTE U.K
LAMIN SANNEH   ACCOUNTANT/ ENTERPRENEUR U.K

  THE FIELD OF STUDY OF SAJOR BAYAN  IS ENTERPRISE DEVELOPER ,SIDAT YAFAH ,AGRICULTURE. I WILL LIKE TO KNOW THE OF  FIELD STUDY OF DR MALANDING JAITEH  AND BORTHER KABIR NJIE  IF THAT WILL NOT BE A PROBLEM .

  more members can private mail me with their profiles ,i will add it later. in about two months time a website will be constructed God willing .

SUNTOU TOURAY <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  DR jaiteh ,thanks for that reply. you are right the title may be a bit misleading .i intend to compile a list and then work towards creating a website of the list and we can take it from there. we are scatered all over the place but if we are aware of the potentials in our collective arsenal that will be a good point of reference. our society don't seems to give dues to intellectual credentials and it is the bedrock of most advance societies. we all cannot be the same ,those who attain excellence should be known and call upon when our country needs them .that is my reason for the idea. i may need more ideas from you from time to time.
i heard that Dr Ebrima Ceesay is in u.k brimingham but i don't know his contact details. i will do my best to be intouch with him.
another notable gambian:
Mr Momodou Camara Greenland (Denmark)

Malanding Jaiteh wrote:
Suntou,
A directory of Gambians in various works of life would be very useful. Years
ago the Gambia Education Support Organization, GESO talked about creating
such a database. Unfortunately like many other internet-based Gambia
efforts, it never materialized. However, I would suggest you contact our
very own Dr. Ebrima Ceesay (former Daily Observer journalist and author). I
remember him pledging to compile a list Gambians in academia, after a
similar effort on my side failed miserably. Despite all the setbacks I would
encourage you to continue your effort and if you can share with us your
findings.

Btw, I prefer "Gambians in various works of life" to "Gambian intellectuals
and technocrats". Years ago someone commented that "intellectual" may be
difficult to define thus my use of "Notable Gambians" in the Atlas of the
Gambia Project.

Malanding Jaiteh