GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Jeng, Beran" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Apr 2000 08:31:52 -0400
Fair and free elections is the answer to our problem and not military
intervention.After the experience with the Jammeh group,i don't
trust any soldier that claims to be of a difference.We should
therefore concentrate our efforts and resources towards creating
and environment of ensuring free and fair elections.
I share the same concern,expressed already by some, that Jammeh
will not go when defeated at the ballot box.If that turns out to be the case
what next !!!!!!!!!!!.
After the 1994 take over,Koro Sallah of Moja came to Gambia after being
in exile since the 1981 coup attempt.To my surprise,Koro had audience
with Jammeh for some few hours and left.He took a flight back to Scandinavia
and release to the press that Gambia regional war or tribal war.
I'm always wondering why he said that.Can someone help if possible.

Beran