GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Edward Small <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Mar 2001 19:24:15 -0000
Mr Sambou
Thank you for your message. Honestly, I feel like dirt having to be engaged
in such a petty war of words with Jatta/Kujabi over an issue that does not
directly involve me. But Mr Sambou, you will agree with me that these guys
have been too overbearing. Kujabi's self-appointed critiques of Baba's work
was not the result of a purely intellectual quest. He started off by
accusing Baba of writing about certain members of the L such as Hamjatta
Kanteh, Dr Touray and other decent folks. Ins pite of Baba's protestations,
Kujabi continued calling him all manner of names and imposed himself as
Baba's self-appointed critique.
This forum is a free for all and Kujabi, whoever he is, should not take it
upon himself to pertually seek to harass a fellow member of the L by
commenting on anything he writes and whining and pining whenever he makes a
comment. I agree that we all are one big family, but we all must observe the
limits of decency. That's my point. If either of us transgresses the other,
tempers are bound to flare and animosity created. We must avoid such a
situation by avoiding the unhealthy tendency, displayed by Kujabi, to stay
on somebody's back like that. Baba does not even know who I am, but as the
saying goes, injustice anywhere is injustice everywhere and deserves to be
nipped in the bud.
Meanwhile, I'm sorry for having flown off the handle and using language I
would not ordinarily use. Thanks for your intervention.
Pa Small