GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mba Darboe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 09:29:31 PST
I am very much astonished that no one reacted to this news. I think this is
is the most insulting and disgusting thing to have happened on the African
continent. Who in their sane minds will come up with this. I very much
challenge the credibility of this movement (young journalists from Ecowas
countries). This most be the most incompetent group of young journalist. I
hope we don't have our journalists in this dubious organisation. How many
times have journalists been detained and harassed in the Gambia? To come to
see such an honor given to the mastermind of all these is really a disgrace
not only to the Gambia, but the whole Dark continent.
Remember, this is the president of the century; recall how many great
presidents have come and gone. Such great one as the Nelson Mandelas, Kwameh
Nkrumahs, Sankaras etc.
As we await the reactions from the media in the Gambia, any takes on this
Ebrima Ceesay and others? What about Dr. Saine? May be he is busy grading
finals, but this is too important a topic not to be addressed.

Numukunda