GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
saul khan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 May 2001 12:47:44 -0000
Alagi,

Thanks a lot for your advice. I simply have no intention of satisfying this
boy's desire to demonstrate to the Jammeh people that he's still one of
them. Just for the record, what you said checks EXACTLY with what a
journalist who knows this boy well told me this morning. The fellow actually
thought he Harona is my boy, because as soon as I mentioned his name, the
guy told me "What are you doing with that clown? Don't tell me he's your
boy? He's a big 'Falseor' (phoney.) Oh yes, a big extrovert. A real Jammeh
sycophant. He loves suits! Big ties! Foral. Kibiri..." This was EXACTLY what
the guy said. I had to tell him to slow down. Also that he Harona only likes
to be the center of attention, no matter where. "He was here running after
Fat Sanneh all over the place. He even had a problem with Tombong like
little school boys, etc, etc" I am quoting verbatim what a reporter told me
this morning. I felt sad for the boy because he's so young. But if the mere
mention of your name evokes such characterization from people you've worked
with in a professional environment, there's something terribly wrong. Sad.
That's our Mr. Neutral though, a nationally notorious Yaya Jammeh sycophant
and extrovert. So, no sweat here Alagi, I'm through with this boy, because I
know exactly what I'm dealing with.
Good morning.

Saul.

I am kindly requesting you to quit this issue with Harona for now and focus
on more pressing ones. There is time for almost everything and when the
actual time comes, surely we will be able to identify/ know who is who.