GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 16:10:19 +0100
Sidia Fofana - Amadou Drammeh,

You wrote your memorandum on the 27 of March after I have made it abundantly
clear why and investigation was being done. The reasons for the
investigation is simple. I have said over and over again that Sidia Jatta
received a letter from a British MP inviting him to attend a briefing
session on the Gambia after PDOIS delegations have met delegations from the
UN secretary general, the common wealth interministerial group and common
wealth secretary general himself to discuss basically the same raised by the
British MP. The letter is already put in the L. Sidia did not consider it
necessary to honour the invitation. The movement later reacted to
publication in FOROYAA Newspaper indicating that it was a co-convener of the
briefing session and that it sent an invitation letter to PDOIS to attend a
session which was more than a briefing session. We became interested in
knowing the content of the letter and why we have not receive it. How can
this be a trivial matter? Don't you think the movement should be interested
in knowing how we would have reacted if we had received a letter from
Gambians abroad?
It is interesting that those who accused us of being egoistic, pompous and
so would attribute our efforts to prove that we have no intention to
compromise the integrity of the movement as an arrogant and inadequate.
Clearly, prejudices and contempt have clouded your vision.
Respect.
Halifa