GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Feb 2008 22:16:09 EST

My  friend Modu,

Its good to hear you and I welcome the opportunity to share  thoughts with
you, Mori, Bailo, Jengfann, Mr. Jobarteh, and our  coleagues who may also be
perplexed as to my submissions vis-a-vis  Obama. I will use your querries to
better yield  clarity.

"Haruna, I am curious to know what specific reasons you have for  opposing
Obama." Modou.

Modou, I think it only seems I am  opposing Obama because I am not
exuberantly in support of Obama as  President. I do not think I have shared
that  I
oppose Obama but I  understand why the absence of zealous affirmation could
yield
this  mis-understanding especially amid garrulous chorus of the  opposite. I
wish to assure you that I do not oppose Obama. On the contrary, I am   proud
of
and support Obama.

"Your post below suggests that you do not  even think that he qualifies  for
VP (even though he has more support  than Edwards)." Modou.

I  understand how you could come to that  understanding because I understand
in  Africa, and specifically in  Gambia, the post of vice president is viewed
be  second only to the  president in terms of power and influence. The vice
presidency in the  United States is more ceremonial and honorary than in
Africa
or  Gambia, and I thought Obama is more valuable as a secretary of state than

Vice President, and that the position of Sect. of State will afford Obama
the
requisite proving ground to become President next. The history of  vice
presidents becoming Presidents of America bears this  out.

"Care to share specifics about why you think he should be prez or VP  in
spite of the fact that he put together the largest grassroots  movement in
recent
history!?" Modou.

Modou, I think you  intended to say  "why you think he should NOT be prez or
VP". I have  already shared why I think  Hillary should be President of
America
at  this time as compared to the  formidable Obama. I have also shared why I
do
not wish Obama to become VP of  America at this time. This does not of
course
mean to say that Obama should not  be President or Vice  President of
America.
I'm sure you will also agree with me  Modou that  no one campaigns to become
VP.

"best," Modou.

Thank you Modou.  I am delighted to be in your company and would you
participate here  more often. Otherwise the PDOIS-heads and Obama-heads will
run
amock.  Preciate you. Did you hear Move-On.org endorses Obama? This is indeed
 good
news for Obama and I commend Move-On.org for their foresight.

Masoud.  MQJGDT. Darbo. I mourn the passing of my Mom Ya Bigay Jobe. You
notice  the PDOIS folk are emulsifying themselves in Obama's fortunes so they
can
identify themselves with his popular support. I'm on to you Jengfann. Look
from  within to accrue sympathy. Not from without. Al Mu'Umin. God  bless you

Modou.

Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]>  wrote: They were both in  exceptional
form and spirit. They explained  their various
proposals  with more clarity, and they have given  notice that they will not

crumble when confronted by either  McCain or Romney. They will both carry
John
Edwards' message  to the white house.

My new ticket   is:

Clinton-Edwards
Obama - Sect. of State
Gore, Biden, Dodd,  -  Department Secretaries and UN  Ambassador
Bill Clinton -  Ambassador at  large
Richardson - Back to Governor of New   Mexico

Its a great day  in  America.

48)

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい