GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"M.B.Krubally" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Apr 2002 17:41:03 -0800
My good cousin, I don’t think we are getting anywhere, so it is fair to end this worthless exchange. I am really sorry that I scarred you for life, but I thought we were passed that. Evidently you are still angry. God bless your heart. I hope your value continues to increase drammatically. As for your manouvering, I bet I can still beat you in soccer. I promise to raise my kids to not be as sensitive as you are. Get out of your head pal. See you around and enjoy your weekend.

Momodou

Haruna wrote:

MBKrubally, Tahnk you once again. I think we are getting somewhere. You replied,

"Haruna, I definitely don't mind you correcting my mistakes".

I'm glad you do not mind being corrected. It is equally beneficial for me to be properly educated. I do not intend to be misled much less my peers. Sometimes being misled can mean overlooking spelling, grammatical, or contextual errors.

You continued Mr. Krubally; "Unlike you I do not search people's writings for mistakes/typos to make them look stupid"

I am terribly sorry if I made you feel stupid Mr. Krubally. Did I mention that the correction was not made for you because I imagined yours was only a mistake due to lack of time to proofread. The corrections were done because others who read our notes benefit from it by improving their syntax, grammar, and spelling. I'm sure you would not appreciate us inadvertently misleading them while they are with us. When you communicate with me, you must say what you want to say in as precise a way as possible. Your communication must not mislead me. It must not contain grammar or spelling errors. If it does, I will correct them in order to respond properly to your position. If you do not take to correction too kindly, then you may not communicate with me. You can however send your position to the L for general consumption without addressing me. Once you address me, then you open up a can of worms. If you know, teach, if you don't know, learn. That is my motto in L communication.

You continued, "What you need to do is to stop being petty. There is more to life that (than)some of the little things your (you) seem to worry yourself with."

Mr. Krubally, everything you see in life, hear in life, do in life, is important. That is what constitutes a life experience. It is a far cry from being misled all your life and drag your peers through the Misledomylitis. Sometimes, this condition can result from simple omission of fact or the casual presentation of fact. I'm sure you read somewhere in the Koran or Bible that a human being must not waste his/her life issuing unimportant utterances. My father used to tell me in my younger days that If I read a chapter from a book, I may either encounter something I didn't know before, improve my vocabulary, spelling, or syntax. If I play soccer, I may improve my skills of manouvering, teamwork, or experience the joy of simple victories in competition. If I sleep an hour, I will have gotten good rest to meet the challenges of the next day. So Mr. Krubally, I do not regard anything in life as petty. It is either a mistake, or signs of misledomylitis. You are so much fun to take for a ride. Hang with me son.

Mr Krubally, you envied; "Since we are into correcting each other, I am sure you wouldn't mind re-reading your original posting and sending us the corrected version."

Have you gotten the correcting bug already. My version you read is the final and corrected draft. So you ain't getting another one. Go roll in a mud bath, then a cold rinse. What I did though was to leave out an (s) at the end of a word. I was hoping you would catch it but you can chuck that under your belt as another occasion of being misled by yours truly.

You claimed; "I suggest you take a second look at your reply for some little mistakes that I know were simply overlooked."

Better yet, let's see if you can point them out. The ability to recognize errors and omissions is therapy to misledomylitis. By God you are on your way to a cure. I have noticed you have made twice as few mistakes here as you did in your original post. For example, you spelt peers right this time. You must agree that you are improving. You will be amazed at how your faculty for reasoning improves with improved grammar, syntax, and spelling. You will then be qualified to teach your progeny (I mean descendants) (I mean children). Get it? Good. Hang tough big guy.

Mr. Krubally, you wondered: "In fact, Hey may be I should collect all the mistakes/typos I read in other writings for your to correct. Do you have the time?"

Yes, I do have time. However, I only correct those addressed directly to me when I realize the errors and omissions are suspect in the overall development of the writer, a-la-misledomylitis. I would correct other errors for a fair price on account of the value I place on my time and due to values of opportunity cost. Over the years, that value has increased drammatically from simple pleasure to $50.00 per page (written in standard font & type) corrected.

You retracted; "Haruna, I could (couldn't) care less about your party affiliation,"

I am glad you recognize the insignificance of party affiliation in matters of importance to all citizens. So do not tell me that we must not let party affiliation cloud our judgement in Pass-Port impoundments or infringements on citizens' rights.

You did the Meringue' on me; "the point I tried to make is that O.J's peers have been travelling in and out of the country without the government confiscating their passports. Why O.J? Simple question, and unless we know all the facts, you and I will only be running our mouths with the ASSUMPTION that we know what we are talking about."

You did tell us that O.J. and his peers were guilty of misleading you and your peers, but that O.J.'s peers did not have their passports confiscated. So from your characterization of O.J. running to the list to tell his side of the story,(does that sound like someone waiting to hear the other side of the story, or does it sound vengeful to you?) and you intimating that the Director owes us no explanation because O.J. and his peers never explained anything to you and your peers, I asked you that question and I repeat: " Why do you suppose only O.J.'s passport was impounded? And by the way, when are we supposed to get this other side you implore us to await? By pretending to be neutral or hypocritical, you wish the director will feel sorry for you and offer a token explanation. Well I do not beg for my rights and neither does O.J. The director must defend his illegal action whether I make up my mind or take sides. Better hurry up and make up your misled mind so you can fight for your own rights and not plead for their merciful surrender. I am sure with his limited knowledge of the law, the director thought he was doing something that will please Jammeh. Let the real Momodou Bilo Krubally stand up and be counted or retire discretely into that cave of Nonentities called NEUTRALOCUS.

Mr. Krubally, you kept yapping (you know a fish mouth does not have teeth to impede the up-and-down motion of their lips) "Also, how did you come up with the student riots in my posting? I don't remember mentioning anything in regards to that. My friend all I talked about is O.J's passport being seized. What I find funny is how he came running to us with his side of the story now that someone else is in control. I am glad that he has realized how important the average citizen is, now that he wants us to listen."

Well during the student riots, some students were killed, some injured, others ran for their dear lives. You don't suppose the ones that were killed were in the back of the crowd, and silent do you? Dictatorships usually try to eliminate the most vocal, active, and intelligent members of society. Those who do not take too kindly to being misled or denied their God-given rights. I was hoping you would see that as a reason why only O.J. has his pass-port impounded and not his peers who were also partners to the crime of misleading Krubally et al. You see how incorrect syntax, grammar, spelling, and construction conveys meaning now?

You may re-write your original post, this time taking care to use the correct examples, sentence structure, etc, so that you do not sound vengeful toward O.J. Also, this time, try to demonstrate your concern over loss of civil rights of whomever because next time it might be yours if you don't voluntarily give it up. While you are at it, make sure you label the improved version as a replacement for the original post for the record.

Thank you my good cousin, and happy trails. I have exhausted the value of time spent with your big head on cures for misledomylitis. If you follow my instructions, you will have been cured and you may happily join ordinary un-misled humanfolk. Bon, a tout a l'heure!!

Les plus importants transformations sont les modifications "accidentelles".
Amoebic movement is effectuated by the sum-total of cellular reconfigurations.Yours truly - Haruna.