GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"EssaHBSCode241." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 19 Dec 2004 20:45:50 -0800
Haidara Karaaa!!! I salute you and I salute you with honour!
Deyda came for a purpose,he lived to teach but not to be rich.
I can fully remember when the poor fulani boy from Saareh Kunta met the grandson of Ali and Hussay'n.
Poetry and prose linked my soul to the spirits of the good man's pen.
Hello archives! speak up now! These stories were written...Chei! Yallah!...I remember when Pape and Haidara Karaa encouraged me to pour those stanzas and proses out.
So many messages have been written,but they have never been hidden by Haidara Karaa!
TOWARDS HOME were the series that the fulani boy wrote.Haidara Karaa got them out on a special column. Haidara "joinaa'lah waaye!"  Papa Saine "waytna!"

No more late night spin on radio syd! No more Deyda's powerful story! No more humour from  the nice smiles and lovely laughter of the good guy! Chei Yallah! "Joinaa waaye!"
I wrote and I enjoyed what I wrote. Hairdara Karaa!!! paid me money for the talent.
Where is Badara Sajaa?!!! Speak up Badara! You brought me the new notes in that little office.
We bought food and fed some souls.
"Waaye Joinaa!!!! Jeureff Deyda! Yaa Baaah!!!"
Chei Yallah! am choking in the abondance of cool breeze and clean spring water!
Am sobbing and my tears cannot be wiped with all the tissue papers in the world!
Chei Yallah! "Haidara Karaa demna!"

Despite the tough talk! Despite the rough talk!
The killer is still twisting his sword with bloody fangs,always ready to strike!
We saw bullets rain on the body of Sillah,a good son of the land and a grandson of Oumarul Futiyu! Strong verses from the holy book saved this good soul.
These bullets were stored! Yes stored! only to hit Deyda our doll and our dear loved one!
Good Bye Deyda Haidara!!!
"Joinaa!!!!!!!!!"
Gambia "waytna!"
Chei! "Sohorr!" Chei! "M'bonn!"