GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 May 2001 12:06:19 -0400
Saul, thanks for the forward. Here we see the low-lives running our country,
in action. These are the sorts of people Yaya hangs out with. Drug dealers,
murderers, rapists, robbers, you name it. Let us brace for the APRC spin.
You will hear cronies coming out to tell us: 'our justice system works; here
we have APRC stalwarts (Yaya's friends) being convicted of drug
trafficking'. They will conveniently forget the other lawlessness in the
country; latest being the Indemnity Decree which Suso would wholeheartedly
support to cover all sorts of crimes. When they say that, let us shove the
garbage back where it belongs. What happened to this Suso character is not a
'favor' granted to Gambians by our justice system that APRC or Joseph Joof
should brag about. These criminals were caught red-handed and one of their
co-conspirators turned State witness. You cannot have an easier case to try
if you are a prosecutor. This is like a criminal confessing to his crime and
on top of that you have physical evidence to convict him anyway.. Matter of
fact I am surprised that the trial lasted one whole year. These undesirable
elements should have been jailed a long time ago and the key to the cells
thrown into the Atlantic Ocean. I understand that this Suso character is
more of a moron than Yaya. Apparently he believes that he is Michael
Jackson. It is a disgrace that he was in parliament representing thousands
of decent and hand-working Gambians. But I guess that is what we get if we
have a moron like Yaya as leader of the APRC. They are all a bunch of
low-lives --- criminals.

Let us not buy their spin. This conviction and disgrace is long overdue. We
should ask the 'spinmeisters' to tell us what they expected. The usual
lawlessness that goes on in the country? The lawlessness that allows people
to slaughter our children in broad daylight and go scot-free? The
lawlessness that allows Yaya to steal millions from us and people are not
even allowed to investigate his crimes? Let them give us a break. It is NOT
a favor to the citizens that criminals like Suso are sent to jail where they
belong. Matter of fact, I wished he was in Malaysia where he would be hanged
for his despicable crimes.

The same spin was used when the judge freed Darboe et al on bail in that
case involving the Basse Ambush. APRC ambushed the man. Got one of their
supporters killed. Framed Darboe and jail him. Release Darboe on bail and
then brag that there is justice in The Gambia because an accused murderer is
released on bail. You see how sick these people are? They are like the sick
nurse that poisons you just to get the thrill of resuscitating you. They
victimize people and then turn around and tell you that we are doing you a
favor by stopping the victimization and applying the laws of the land. Let
us save them the trouble of coming here to spin by telling them that we
expected a more drastic sentence for Suso. APRC has no bragging rights when
judges and magistrates apply the law. That is their job taxpayers pay them
for. May Suso rot in jail.
KB