GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
saiks samateh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Aug 1999 21:24:30 PDT
 DEAR G-LERS

When the Europeans and the Arabs came to Africa we did not only lose much of
our traditional religions,they made us to believe that ours is a pagan
religion,they enslave us and polluted our minds with Christianity and
Islam,our own names are almost  dying out,Momodou,Fatou,John,Mary are more
common names,this is wrong and something must be done.I am interested in
collecting typical Gambian names from any tribe in the Gambia and I am
appealing to you for help.Please send me the ones you know and please let me
know from which of the tribes and I will do the rest of the research.I have
also been very interested in Gambian songs and story telling,I still do some
collections,if you have any and want to share it with me it ,that will be
great.

For Freedom

Saiks