GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Musa Jeng <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Mar 2001 13:30:03 -0500
Mr.Conteh:

Those comments to Mr.Sallah are blantantly un-called for, un-fair and lack of any merit on your part. What
Mr. Sallah and PDOIS has done for the democratization of the Gambia will be something that you will always
dream about. It is easy to talk the talk, but PDOIS continued to work the work.
In regards to Mr.Sallah's response to premature mud slinging by some members of the -L, only reaffirmed my
belief that there is more to this London meeting that meet the eye. And to characterized anyone who did not
go to the meeting as sleeping with the enemy is downright proposterous. It is interesting that these were the
same kind of mud slinging levelled against PDOIS, immediately after the Jammeh coup. All of you same people
were already in the Jammeh banwagon, not having a clue what direction you were heading.
Remember, PDOIS is a political party with a platform, programs and deeply rooted political beliefs. They do
not engage in putting their thump outside to see where the new wind is blowing, in order to make a decison.
If anyone of you people on the -l believed that people who attended the London meeting have become our new
political messiahs, reaffirmed our lacked of political convictions and our concentration on quick fix..
And Mr.Conteh, politicians like S.M Dibba, D.K Jawara and those old guard are the very people that
contributed to our political situation. To overhaul Gambia's  political mess is not going to be a short gun
affair, and unless we approach it with real solutions and deeply held political convictions, we will be
repeating the same political mistakes. Jammeh must go, but not to replace him with another Jammeh.

Thanks

Musa Jeng