GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 10:25:48 -0500
Ngorr, the quote from Frederick Douglass is quite apt.  Yaya will push the
envelope as far as Gambians would let him.  It is undeniable that we have
SLAVES in our midst that will jump at the first opportunity to receive
crumbs from this government.  Because they want to safeguard a job, they
will say or do anything for APPPRC.  Because they want to be appointed by
this illegal government, they would say or do anything for APPPRC.  Because
they want to write books, they would say or do anything for APPPRC.  But,
rest assured that there are others that would NOT move an inch if Yaya was
to entice them with the best appointments.  The bottom-line is that the
murderers and the thieves should be where they belong: in jail.  Anything
short of that, is window-dressing.  It is truly disgusting to see faithless
Gambians deciding to ignore this government’s crimes because of some few
personal benefits.

We CANNOT force them to do what is right, BUT we can pique their
consciences.  People that describe us as unpatriotic because we oppose this
illegal regime, are just laughable.  Because we do NOT condone murder,
mayhem and theft, we are unpatriotic?  This is just outrageous.  What do
these people want?  For us to just sit by and let the Dictatorship
annihilate our people?  After April 10 and 11, 2000 I vowed NEVER to sit by
and let the vermin lead our people to the gallows.  Like you said in your
piece, the Massacre happened because we (Gambians) let Yaya.  I will NEVER
again be part of the Gambians that will let ANY leader slaughter ONE
Gambian.  Since, I do NOT have an army I can use to vaporize the vermin, I
will use other means to register my disgust for what is going in the
country.

The sell-outs can throw in the towel and go join the Dictatorship and
pretend that Yaya won an election in the country.  Even if Yaya won a free
and fair election in the country that does NOT mean that people should NOT
criticize him.  The man stole the elections in broad daylight and you still
have people coming here calling unpatriotic Gambians that criticize Yaya.
What is wrong with these people?  The Parliamentary elections just exposed
the serious inadequacies of the voter rolls in the country.  The Senegalese
were prepared to make the journey from Casamance to Serrekunda to vote for
Yaya, but they would NOT do so to vote for Buba Senghore.  Result?  Over 50%
of the ‘voters’ in the Serrekunda rolls are FAKE.  And we should just
‘accept’ the verdict of the Casamance voters?  Did anyone hear us (the
‘unpatriotic Gambians’) complain when Wade was elected president in Senegal?
  Casamance people should vote in Casamance and NOT Serrekunda.  This bogus
election result CANNOT be shoved down our throats.  You want to talk about
respecting the people’s mandate, tell that to Yaya who illegally usurped
power from a democratically elected government.

Ngorr, I thank you again for your contributions.  The truth will always
prevail.  Rest assured about that.  We will NOT move an inch.
KB