GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Radio Free Gambia <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 14 Feb 2006 08:56:36 -0600
Ginny:

What Hamat and Darboe are wanting to do is as simple as this: NADD, in 24
months or more, took the enrite Gambian elecotrate from politics of
personalities into a more mature turf of issue based party politics;
Darboe and Hamat on the other hand would like to see us back into the
stone-age days of personality based politics becuae they cannot handle
being on the sidelines or a semblance of such. Halifa, by virtue of his
leadership skills, has long proven to be ahead of them. And that's where
this nonesoense about lack of trust all comes in. What a lame excuse!

The Gambian people are simply past that stage. NADD was recognized and
accepted by the people not because of any single personality. However,
they're both confused as to what they want to do...just read Ousainou's
press conference reports and try make the tail and head of where he wants
to be. They called a rally in Brikama to gauge their face value knwing
that Brikama and Bakau are the most complex political arena's in that
country and they knew that people will be curious to find out what they
are about to say, not because they will accept it but because they just
want to know.

 All this on the heels of a cancelled NADD rally in Brikama! They were
riding on NADD's back even before they could take off...they're still
riding on NADD's back. One foot in, one foot out. Hoping that Halifa and
the others will crawl in to join their circus. The poeple will see them
for exactly what they are pretty soon. No doubt Hamat is the most cunning
politician Gambia has seen in decades trust me on that. We ain't seen any
of his games yet.

-Laye