GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
BambaLaye <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 4 Oct 2006 12:41:49 -0500
Is this the same Muhammed Bazzi who helped commission a 25 Mega Watt plant
in Brikama in August? He was then "the head of the Global Trading Group"
now the "Managing Director of the Global Management System."

Is this "Global" thing for real or another front for the continous
pilferage of our meagre resources? Jammeh needs to explain his connections
with Mr. Global Muhammed Bazzi before the vultures start roving over his
head.
Here's the story from August of this year:

<<25th August 2006 :
The President Dr. Alhagie Yahya Jammeh has commissioned a 25 mega watt
power plant valued at 15 million Euros in Brikama Western Division.  The
power plant constructed and managed by Global Trading Group GTG is in
fulfillment of government's desire to provide reliable and efficient power
supply to the Gambian people.

Speaking on the occasion, President Jammeh hailed GTG for being the first
independent power producer in the Gambia.  President Jammeh further spoke
of his government's continued commitment to work with the private sector
to solve the country's perennial electricity problem. He therefore called
on the private sector to rise up to the challenge and fast tract the
Gambia's march towards the attainment of development as envisage  in the
country development blueprint Vision 2020.

President Jammeh also underscored the importance of the plant noting that
it serves the objectives of enhancing electricity supply to coastal areas
which have high tourism and fisheries potentials. In a statement the head
of the Global Trading Group Muhammad Bazzi expressed his resolve to end
the Gambia's energy problem by the end of this year.  He explained that
his group has successfully executed various projects in the Gambia citing
the construction of an 18 Megawatt power station at Kotu and the
rehabilitation of the transmission and distribution network of the greater
Banjul area.

The Director of NAWEC Abdou Jobe said NAWEC has enjoyed fruitful working
relations with GTG.   He also hoped that the plant would help solve the
problem of electricity supply in the Gambia. >>

<quote who="Luntang">

--
-BambaLaye