GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Essau Gambia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 May 2007 07:38:20 -0400
 Colonel Sarr will never react to the Guinean counter coup story-Lamarana
Jallow- BB Darboe, Saihou Sabally, Press Jagne others named!!
By Lamara Jallow, son of the Gambia.

Dear Mr. Editor,

Thanks for the concerns raised by Associate Editor Yankuba Jambang. Jambang
should hold tide, as the accused Colonel Sarr is concealing the truth from
Gambians. Lets give Sam the benefit of the doubt to clear his image. Sam
needs to clear his image over  the allegations regarding the Guinean troops
assigned to him by Sir Dawda Kairaba Jawara to restore his government back
to power. Sam would be the last person to deny the said allegations. This
was a classified file known to few people in Jawara's government. The
unsuspecting immature coupists at time were totally out of touch. Jammeh
himself was not in the picture. The people in the know then were Colonel
Sarr, Bakary Bunja Darboe, Lamin Kaba Bajo, former head of the Presidential
guards, the Guinean President Alansana Conteh, Sir Dawda and Lang Tombong
Tamba, the current Chief of Defense staff. A senior Aide to Jawara told me
that the Guineans attempted to land in Senegal but were denied Landing
space. These were well trained "parasuiters." President Jawara is here to
colloborate my story. BB Darbo is here to deny or confirm Lamarana's story.
If he is really honest he cannot deny this. Look, I'm not looking for fame
by  unveiling such stories. Had Sam Sarr not started the debate, I was not
going to comment on the matter. I was waiting for the day when Jammeh is
tied up and place before the courts, then I will submit my name to any
enquiry set up to probe the APRC to testify. I'm ready to expose more
details before any court of law if Jammeh's government is rendered history.

For benefit of your readers, the information I released so far is just the
tip of the iceberg. For the sake of decency, I refrained from exposing
certain dossiers currently in my hands. If I pass these dossiers to the
Freedom Newspaper, I have no doubt in my mind that Sir Dawda's relationship
with Jammeh would be soured. I think that that is why Colonel Sarr is not
reacting any more to my allegations, based on these reasons. He must have
been cautioned by friends, family members or even Sir Dawda to avoid
engaging me into debate. I have been on the ground closely monitoring the
activities before and after the July 22ND coup. Sam might brag that he
documented a lot of information about the AFPRC/APRC, Lamarana too has
gathered a lot of classified state secrets, when released many Gambians
would be shocked. The Freedom Newspaper is doing a good job and I'm ready to
share some of these information with them. I like the paper because it's the
only independent paper today in the Gambia. This is the only paper providing
Gambians unbaised news. We are more comfortable talking to you than the
Observer. Your paper is read by the President on a daily basis even though
he dislikes your editorial stance.

For the records, I  have advised Colonel Sarr on numerous occasions not to
accept job from the junta, but he never heeded to my past advices. Sam was
in the army for a purpose according to my understanding. Even though Jawara
was trying to use him for his comeback, he Sam, Press Jagne and Mba Jobe
were closely monitored by the then Special Branch headed by Kebba Ceesay.
This might come as a secret to my former good friend, but this is  the
reality. Sir Dawad has always been apprehensive about the loyalty of these
officers, even though he entrusted them with leadership role. One of the
reasons why the Nigerian soldiers were in Banjul was primarily due to lack
of trust. There was infighting among the Gambian army top brass. The
Nigerians were in Banjul to supervise their activities and also to train
them. Many GAF offcials were unhappy about their presence in the country.
But Jawara had taken the decision for the Nigerians to coordinate his
security during the period in question.

Sir Dawda was briefed by Kebba Ceesay about the July 22ND coup during his
long overseas trip. At the time the Nigerians army were in the Gambia. An
intelligence report issued then recommended for the arrest of  the top army
officials. Whether Sam Sarr's name was in that list is a simple guess. Yahya
Jammeh's name surfaces at the eleven hour, but the original report pointed
at top GAF officials.The officers concerned know themselves.

As soon as Jawara landed at the airport, he was escorted to the state house.
He warned against the arrest of the GAF officials. Sir Dawda at the time was
not convinced that the army would rebel against him. A top Nigerian military
official told me at the time that the coup was bound to be successful if
arrest were not effected on the spot. And that was what actually happened.
The soldiers regrouped over night to strategize their plans to take over the
state house.

The NSS report never mentioned Jammeh as the coup leader. By virtue of his
position and also  the Commander of the military police, Jammeh was disarmed
at the airport including other officers. The NSS report focuses more on the
senior officers not Lieutenants like  Jammeh. When news reached him that
Jammeh was the leader of the coupists, Jawara couldn't believe it. He never
dreamt that junior officers of the army would have the daring mind to flush
him out of the state house.

Here he started to make last minute calls to foil the coup. Thanks to Lamin
Kaba Bajo, Jawara was able to speak to his contacts in Banjul. Colonel Sarr
knows what I'm talking about here. Bakary Bunja Darboe was in the picture.
BB never supported the junta. He was in Banjul for a mission. An expensive
which never materializes. Darboe has since been avoiding the spotlight.

Jawara spoke  also to the Guinean President and his Senegalese counter part
asking for troops intervention. Abdou Joof was bid cautious. The 1981 blood
shed was an enough experience for them. Even he tried to sell the notion
that the head of the coupists was of Casamance origin and warns against the
dangers of having such a person at the Presidency, but Joof was still not
convinced that their was cause  for intervention. Joof would have welcomed
ECOWAS troops in Banjul and not a single country affair. This to some extent
angered Jawara.

The ailing Guinean leader agreed to provide troops for Jawara. Some of his
troops attempted to snick through Senegal to the Gambia, but were denied
landing space. Abdou Joof is alive and can confirm this. Lamarana Jallow is
not inventing stories. Landing in Banjul was suicidal for them. Senegal was
the only they could have used to get into the Gambia. But Joof never agreed
to Jawara's request. He cited the risks associated with such attacks and the
posibility of claiming innocent lives.

On BB Darboe's comeback, BB returned to Banjul after he been assured by the
junta that his security and personal  safety was  guaranteed. BB also
confers with Jawara before returning to Banjul. What they agreed on only God
knows. BB spent some time in Senegal before returning to Banjul. BB Darboe,
Jawara and other PPP officials were never convinced that the junta would
stay in power for  that long. It's wrong for one to brand BB as Jawara's
planted agent under the junta, but the fact of the matter is that BB has
always been loyal to Jawara. There is no amount of denial that can  save BB
Darboe, Sarr and others from being exposed. I loved my country. I don't
believe in tribalism. The Gambia is ours and we owe it to our people tell
them the true story of our time. Sarr apologizing is not enough. He should
tell us his  past dirty errands he runs for Jawara and Jammeh. Sarr's story
reminds me about the NSS report on Saikou Sabally.

I remember when the NSS under the leadership of Kebba Ceesay submitted a
report  to Jawara linking Saikou Sabally former Vice President and Press
Jagne of  the police of planning to  overthrow his regime. The said report
to some extent had strained relationship between Jawara and Sabally. Press
Jagne was questioned in relation to an arms issue at the material time.
Press shifted the blame on Saikou. There was no evidence to indict the named
personalities, but the NSS report cautioned the old man about an imminent
security threat against his government.

Sam was quick to clarify that Captain Alhagie Kanteh was not part of the
security delegation who gun point Suwaibou Conateh. Sam never denied the
story in its totality. He was more concerned about Kanteh's association with
him in my previous postings. My information was that Kanteh was part of the
team that held Conateh under duress to write that coup speech. Conateh was
also offered a Ministerial position, but due to his love for democracy and
free press, he turned down the junta's offer. Conateh used study in Nigeria
and knows what military rule was all about. Sam cannot deny that he
communicated the junta's invitation to Conateh to serve as Information
Minister. My reports are based on facts and evidence. I challenge Sam Sarr,
BB Darboe and also named in my writings to defend themselves. Abraka
Bandirabeh. Heykawalayeh.

Posted on Sunday, May 20, 2007 (Archive on Thursday, May 31, 2007)
Posted by PNMBAI  Contributed by PNMBAI
Return <http://www.freedomnewspaper.com/Home/tabid/36/Default.aspx>

   Copyright 2006 (c) Freedom N

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい