GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Adama Sey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 16:24:07 +0000
Ebrima,25 pence for you from me for naming one of my best stars,Pochi Sarr.
He was a very fine player.It seems we have traced many great names in Gambian
football during the past couple of days.I would like us to start looking in
to those great names who really made every possible for Gambian football,i
mean here the administrators and managers.Here is my list: Alh.O.B.Conateh,
administrator/organizer of the century,B.O.Semega Janneh,late Master Sillah,
late Pa Prom,Ousainu NJai,Father Gough,Gabi sosseh,Commissioner Cherno Touray,
I.J.K.Tambajang,Uncle Ousman NJie(steve Biko) i could remember travelling with
by coach all the way to Noachott,despite his age and health,late Pa Saho,Hala
Samba, kebba ceesay,Sosseh Kolly(Bakau),Edmond Shonobi,Malang Ida Bojang(brikama)Ousman Saho(saraba),Madame Jobe,Sellu Bah,Furu Gomey,Malick Krubally,
Carlos manneh(all of Basse),late Mr. Bobb,Halipha Mbye(both of farafenni)
Saloum Kinteh, karamo Nimaka,late Yiramba Kassama(all of Soma),Kebba Yorro Manneh,Harry Sambu, M.I.jallow,Ebou Ndure(dingareh),Yusupha Cham,Kutobu Sanyang(man)
Unda Nyang,Uncle Sulay Jallow(bakau),Ousainou Nyassi(gunjur),Lt. colonel
Modou Badji(GNA),Willie Abraham,the list goes on and on and on.Great names
i have mentioned here.They gave out everything of theirs just for the sake of
the game.Honestly, they deserve commendations.

Omar,just keep cool,you will see my Africa 11 tomorrow,Insallah.
Assallumu allaikum-----Adou Sey