GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sanusi Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 May 2001 15:12:28 +0100
This is good news, I am sick of seeing drug
traffickers being fined for such offences. My only
disappointment is that Victora Goddard was saved from
Mile 2 by getting a fine instead of a custodial
sentence.If I was the Magistrate in this case, I would
defer Ms Goddard's sentence pending the outcome of the
case. By doing so, one would have able to measure
their level of involvement in this serious crime.

As for Ndeneh Faal and Musa Suso MP, they deserve it,
Both of them appear to be well known in society and
their punishment should act as an example to those
would be drug traffickers falsely claiming to be
honest businessmen.

If APRC is a party of "honest and sincere men and
women", then surely Mr Suso should be expelled from
the party. But having said so, the APRC hierarchy
consist of crooks, child-murderers, liars etc.

To all who have followed this case, please note that
this case is far from over. I am of the view that you
will hear either of these bombshells

(1)That President Jammeh has granted them clemency

(2)That the High Court or Court of Appeal have decided
to grant them bail pending the outcome of their
appeal.

On that I concur with Kebba Dampha that we should not
be carried away by this case. Its just a ploy to say
the Gambia exercises justice when we all know they
don't.

Have a wonderful weekend

Sanusi

--- saul khan <[log in to unmask]> wrote: > KB,