GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Oct 2007 08:28:29 EDT

Bourghibe,

I could not find record of doctoral work by Ajaratou Njie Saidy. Do  you know
if it was an honorary doctorate? I am informed she spent ONE month  at the
univ. college of Swansea for an MSc. in Econ. I have to figure out  how to do a
masters in a month or maybe her prior experience of 5 months at  the Research
Institute in the Netherlands in Industrial Mgmt. was accorded  credit toward
the masters. I have to find that out too I guess. I was also  informed she
spent 2 months at the univ. of the Phillipines for a  certificate in small scale
ind inf. mgmt. I will call St. Mary's College in  Maryland to ascertain
doctoral work. If you mean St. Mary's Univ. in Halifax or  The Gambia Univ., please
let me know when you're able.

1. What village in Guinea is the source of River Gambia? $10
no 1.  i  know it starts from futa jalon highlands in Guinea - no village
name  sorry
Yes, The Gambia River does start at the Fouta Djallon Highlands.  The
Highlands are a series of granite and gneiss massifs that spread over  several (2  or
3) countries.
Your winnings here is $0.00; This question  therefore is still open for
answer.

2. Name the tributaries of  Gambia River from its source to the Atlantic.
$20.00.
no 2. Tributaries  - main ones are Sandougou and Sofianama, minor ones are
Nieriko from north  and kuluntu(gray river ) from south also Bintang bolong at
Brumen bridge  south bank and mini minyang (spelling??) at Kerewan north bank.
Bintang is a main tributary. It even extends into Senegal. Sandougou  and the
one at Kerewan are also tributaries that extend into Senegal. In  Gambia
alone, there are over 20 tributaries to the Gambia River and most  extend into
Senegal. Some form islands such as McCarthy Island, Elephant  Island, and at
Bambali. There are two others that form Islands. Each  tributary correctly given
earns $1.00 until the $20.00 is exhausted. I  cannot qualify a tributary at
Nieriko or Sofianama. Until further  qualification by myself or another
colleague, Your winnings here is $4.00  There are still $16.00 available for  this
question.

3. What  villages and towns of Senegal does the river Gambia traverse before
it  enters Gambia? $30.00
no 3 not sure about which one but 100 % sure it  passes through the
yokolokoba forest in senecasa region
Niokolokoba  National Park is a forest Reserve in Senegal. The River does
traverse it.  It is not a town or village in Senegal however. Your winnings  here
is  $0.00. This question is still available for answer.

4. How many docks and  or berths exist at the Gambia Port in Banjul? $10.00
no 4 - number of  wharfs in my days of high school in the sixties
pre-independence from  wharfy njaggo to govt wharf i think nine but only seven were ok
The  question asks for existing wharves/docks presumably in good working
order.  Your winnings here is $0.00. This question is available for answer.

5.  What is the name of the road construction firms in Gambia  and which
roads have they built? $20.00
no 5 i remember only wimpey  when brikama to mansa konko was built after the
old yundum airport  was  constructed, the other one was louis diaz ???  later
Road-Construction firms  and which roads have they built. I'll  give you
Wimpey (We Intend Making Profit  every Year). Your winnings here  is $5.00. $15.00
is still available for the  taking.

6. From 1994 to  now, list the SOSs of all departments, why they were
removed, and whether  they were  prosecuted for wrongdoing or not.  $50.00
No  answer. Winnings $0.00. Question still available for answer.

7. What  discipline did Dr. Isatou Njie Saidy receive a doctorate in?    $5.00
no 7  Aja Isatou Njie saidy Vice president got her PHD in  Human  development
from st Mary's college
I haven't had time to verify  this but it sounds good. I intend to place a
call to St. Mary's College  soon. Meanwhile therefore, your winnings here is
$5.00 pending  verification.

8. How long was Hon. Duta Kamaso imprisoned for?  $20.00
No answer.  Winnings $0.00. This Question is still available for  answer.

9. How long was Mariam Denton imprisoned for? and on what  charges?   $30.00
No answer. Winnings $0.00. Question still  available for answer.

10. Does Gambia have any water treatment plant,  where are they located, and
what is their capacity in Million Gallons per  Day?
no 10 water treatment plants or sub stations are in Fajara and Abuko  not
sure about georgetown MID
another interesting fact is that  Yarbatenda just below the Bara kunda rapids
one can walk across the river  in the DRY season only if it has only rocks
below
Water Treatment  Plants. Not substations or booster pumping stations. I will
give you $5.00  for effort here until I qualify what operations are on-going
at Fajara. I  am not aware of a water treatment  plant at the nature reserve.
It could be  water storage tanks for onward distribution. Bear with me as I
check or  another colleague can assist. Thank you for the additional tidbits of
info.  For the zeal, you get another $5.00. This  question is closed for
verification and potential re-opening.

Thank you Bourghibe. Remember you  and colleagues have some more time before
the Quiz Roll-up date. Your Total  winnings are $24.00 so far. Please keep
note of that.

Merci Mon  vieux. Haroun Al Khairawan. MQDT.  Darbo.