GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Edward Small <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Mar 2001 16:07:21 -0000
Brother Kujabi

So you were critquing Baba Galleh's work and not Baba himself? How does that
tie in with your persistence in calling him such derogatory names as cafe
intellectual, dishonest intellectual? How does that tie in with your
suggestion that we could, and I quote, "even name the
UNIVERSITY OF THE GAMBIA as either a JAHASAY ENTERPRISE UNIVERSITY or
UNIVERSITY OF RHINEHART, then the time will be ripe to APPOINT BABA GALLEH
as THE PRESIDENT or DEAN of the University?" Are you here critiquing his
work or unjustly trying to make fun of the man himself?
If you want to be a critique, you will be well advised to concentrate on the
work of the writer and not the writer himself/herself. In spite of Mr
Jallow's polite responses and his insitence on not writing about Hamjatta
and co. on the L, you insisted on launching personal attacks against him.
And now when I challenge you to substanstiate your accusations, you crawl
back into your shell. Such behaviour is cowardly and unbecoming of a
gentleman. Finally, let me tell you one thing: As you are up to defend
Hamjatta, so am I up to defend Baba Galleh. So next time you intend to
critique his satires or himself, know that I may most likely take it up with
you. Peace.
Pa Small