GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Apr 2000 16:38:33 EDT
Mr Drammeh, Please save yourself, and the rest of us the agony of another
Tombong explanation. There will never be any answers to any of these
questions because those who would take the steps to conduct the needed
investigations are the guilty ones, so how will they ever investigate
themselves? The process that was started the very moment that these students
were murdered is the same that is continuing, namely, an unfolding theatre to
feign innocence and outrage, hypocritical visits and sympathising.

I tell you that the epitomy of evil was Jammeh and Njie saidy actually having
the nerve to visit grieving families and students, not to mention handing out
gifts. How does a person who is responsible for murdering a person's loved
one actually have the courage to appear before them to give their sympathy?
Wow? The evil we are witnessing in Gambia today is unmatched by anything we
have ever seen or heard of.We do not need to hear any more explanations from
this lot, they just need to be removed, one way or another.

I know that a lot of people have expressed dismay at the suggestion of their
removal by force. Well, if one lives by the sword, one shall die by the
sword, and this regime has no decency to resign because they are abhorred by
the Gambian public, nor will we ever see a fair election if they are still
there. Just revisit what Yankuba Touray said about never unseating a "Mansa"
and that they will never loose an election.
That does not sound like there will ever be a level playing field so long as
we have this bunch in positions where they can abuse power all they like
without any repercussion.
Never thought I would say this but, If there are courageous soldiers who can
stand up to save our country and are driven by conviction to return it to
normalcy by handing over to a civilian interim government, I will have a very
hard time resisting the temptation to cheer them on.

Question is, are they there among the GNA, or are they just a bunch of
puppets who act only when Jammeh pulls their strings, and is their gallantry
relegated to waging war against their compatriots and children who they are
supposed to be defending ?

Jabou Joh

In a message dated 4/26/00 9:33:22 AM Eastern Daylight Time,