GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ngorr Ciise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 May 2002 11:19:21 +0000
The mail below is from Brother Momodou Mboge. Apparently, he has been
delisted for using the word "dickhead". Now, one would have thought that
political correctness has its limits, and Gambia-L is no exception to this
observation. "Dickhead" roughly translates as a "moron" or "mental midget".
Does these terms/appellations ring any bells? It is easy to envisage Dampha
also being delisted for calling Yaya, well, a "mental midget".

But seriously this moral fastidiousness towards the use of language on this
List will only lead to a cul-de-sac: acceptability of choice of words and or
language is in the eye of the beholder.

We've been here before; doubtless we'll live to see this infantile to-ing
and fro-ing continue so long as we have oddhanded people ruining this List.