GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
babucar k jaata <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Oct 2000 21:28:44 BST
Hello Saihou, Isatou and Others,

I thank all of you for your contributions towards my idea and opinion.

Anyway if I read your comments properly, it seems that you got me on the
wrong side.  I am not saying that our daughters and sisters will go through
the exercise rather I was saying that let anyone discuss it with your wife
instead of making it as a debate on the G-L. I knew well that commenting on
it here will not make any changes as non of us will even try to persuade
his/her parents about it.

I quoted Amie Bojang's efforts to convince our village heads about it and he
got a very big disappointment and anyone who attempted it will end up in the
same situation or even.  This was why I ruled its discussion on the net.  I
wanted to ask you whether you have ever attempted to ask any elderly woman
why they had to do it and what is its importance?  If not it would be
useless for you to talk about it.  This is because if it is a debate you
need to argue on points not only saying it is not good or is a bad practice.

Anyway I had to go now as am working now and do not have much time now.
Once again thanks to all of you for your ideas.

All the best

Babucar.