GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 11:14:32 -0400
Abdou, thanks for pointing out how the AFPRC/APRC wrecked our economy thanks
to Yaya’s dictatorial tendencies and the ILLEGAL actions the government took
against Alimenta. If you remember, almost two years ago when Pap Cheyassin
Secka was accusing Alimenta of money laundering, we warned the mental
midgets that they were shooting themselves on the foot. Needless to say,
they did NOT heed our warning. Because Baabaa (Blood Diamond Dealer) Jobe
wanted to introduce some ‘flight-by-night’ (dubious) operators into the most
vital sector in our economy, the illegal government cooked up some bogus
charges and seized Alimenta’s properties and threw them out of the country.
This is the classic way of how NOT to treat foreign investors. This is the
kind of thuggish behavior that I am sure Yaya was boasting about in the
article OJ alluded to. These people are bad news for the country. The
illegal and ill-advised behavior of Yaya, Baabaa Jobe and Pap Cheyassin
Secka ended up costing the EU and Gambian taxpayers more than $12 million in
payments to Alimenta.

To add insult to injury, the mental midgets still CANNOT solve our
‘groundnut quagmire’. Now, the ONLY government policy in this most vital
sector is for government to cough up its own money and give it to some
dubious hustler that would take the money, give kick-backs to government
officials, keep some of the loot and then give our farmers worthless
promissory notes. Contrast this sick policy with what Alimenta used to do.
Previously, a reputable company (as opposed to the
‘flight-by-night-operators) would come to the country and bring in $20
million in hard cash and buy the groundnut upfront. There was NO credit
buying. The morons deprived us of this and rendered our farmers POORER than
they were eight years ago. As I told them two years ago, so long as the
Alimenta problem is outstanding, our ‘groundnut problem’ will NEVER be
solved. Instead of solving the problem, they go to our farmers and tell them
that the groundnuts in Senegal are also not bought. This is simply pathetic.

You ever wondered how strange it is that the only thing the mental midgets
talk about is how they have the ‘development of the country at heart’? The
reason they always say that is that they CANNOT show us concrete development
on the ground. The ‘development’ is only in their hearts and sick minds. I
say that that is a ‘good’ start. The problem is that eight years down the
line, we are still talking about a ‘start’. We do NOT need the mental
midgets to have ‘development ideas in their hearts and minds’, meanwhile our
people are getting POORER by the day. We need CONCRETE development on the
ground that would move our people FORWARD. The AFPRC/APRC thugs can NEVER
deliver on this. Their corrupt ‘hearts and minds’ would NOT allow them to
deliver.
KB