GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Joe Sambou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Oct 2004 21:22:04 +0000
All, you've raised relevant questions regarding this tall tale from Lang.
Remember, he has a lot of time to pad the numbers.  Someone asked about the
validity of his investment gain, both from his accounts and the sale of a
his house.  The gain from his house cannot be and anyone that lived in the
US for a year knows that.  That is a big lie he was selling to JP.

Now regarding buying a house in this country after arriving within two
years, that can be.  You have a lot of corrupt realtors and bankers that
would forge your income, and provide you employment on paper if you do not
have one.  There is a whole industry of that and that is the reason why the
number of foreclosures has sharply risen.  Just recently one of your fellow
Gambians was nabbed by the federal government, running such scams.  What
these crooks would do is, say you see a house that costs $100,000.  The
crooks would inflate the price and your income.  The crooks with their
insiders in the banking industry will then list it as say, $154,000 as in
the case of Lang.  They get their cut and you end up with a house and a
little money from the remnant of the $54,000.  Now, if you work for Micky D
to pay for the mortgage, that's the buyer's problem and on top of that you
end up owing the entire principal and interest, which they can't afford in
the first place, thus the foreclosures galore.  Unfortunately, a lot of
minorities and foreigners are being preyed upon by these vultures, for their
lack of knowledge.  No different from the number the car dealerships spin on
our community.  Thus you have brothers and sisters being swept clean because
of ignorance of value.

About his investments returns, again, a big lie.  Remember, the crook had
all the time to think through the numbers that he needed for his story.
Having presented his story to JP, his next battle is to prove existence -
back up the tale with documents.  The house and Wachovia investments can be
easily verified by just a phone call to the bank for statements to be
provided.  The Central bank theft is self evident.  Nearly every thing he
listed can be proved.

But this is half the story.  The other half deals with the assets he hid?
Thus, I say, what he revealed to this point is just the tip of the iceberg.
Trust me, what he's sitting on is far more than the tale he presented.
Someone alluded to him being honest with JP, are you kidding me?  No, Lang
is embarked on a big "Saalmal" project on JP.  Thanks to his big mouth,
folks know where he has most of the things he's hiding, from his own mouth.
But, I would not place any confidence on JP and his surrogates, for Lang is
also a front to other things, just like Blood Diamond Jobe.  So, do not be
surprised if Lang is railroaded in a flash.  Why do you suppose the cat
$27,000,000 of your money to play with and is still at home surrounded by
jalis?  Don't Tony know of that?  You bet, but why is he mute in Kanilai?
buyer beware!

Chi Jaama

Joe