GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 May 2000 22:10:44 EDT
In a message dated 5/18/00 11:16:14 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< Dagmar,

 You hit the nail right on the head. The civil service is
 suppose to be an institution where there is CONTINUITY.
 This policy of hire and fire is causing unrepairable
 destruction to the system.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Basil and others,

This senseless hiring and firing is just another indication that Jammeh's
government has no idea what they are doing, and are guided by just plain
paranoia. This is the problem with these types of governments where injustice
reigns, and therefore, their main focus is survival tactics as opposed to
analysing what the challenges our country is facing are, and then assembling
a competent team to formulate solutions to these challenges, as well as
leaving civil servants alone so they can concentrate on their jobs and be
productive.
Basil, I read your post regarding the cauton this government should exercise
because of the economic repercussions that can result from certain actions.
This unfortunately fell on deaf ears because  the focus of this regime is
just saving themselves and perpetuating their presence.
This paranioa is what leads this regime to find it necessary to police every
department in the civil service, and to conduct these witch hunts because
they tend to see ghosts everywhere since they know better than anyone else,
that they are not doing the right thing. This is the main task of Kanilai,
and not the efficient running of our country. The Gambia civil service is in
a state of crisis from this mad and senseless rampage.

Jabou Joh