GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Oko Drammeh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Sep 2004 22:27:18 +0200
Blesseth love,
The list of the forgotton wrestlers is long, I do not remember all in
this one story.I can make a list of 100 wrestlers and will not complete
the list of the
30 years I watched the sport.You are correct  especially with your
favourites.

Comedy time.
JUST FOR THE FUN (for a laugh-only on the list)

Who canremember the Mauritanian businessman who was told that you can
make Millions in wrestling.You don't need a shop.You only need a song
narrating the wrestlers whoyou  foght and defeated in Ganarr and the
drummers will follow.
Then people start throwing you money,colour your eyes inRed and chew
some ataya leave and pretend that it is juju.

He was told that they pay more even in Senegal but that is a fight game
with fist and kicks but they pay more
"He said let' go.,On arrival at stade Demba jobe They ask him to haul
and sing Hu luuu luuu Walie,
Ma daneh Amet faal Cha Koalock,Amat Jobe cha Podor Amet Faal cha
Lougaand, Ngum in Dagana!
Now here in Dakar I don;t have a challaner, them came a young challanger
from the group mof Falai Baldeh

As soon as the wrestling started the mauritainian was praying and took
so long that he did not hear the call to fight
So the young rascal wrestler timed him with a rocketing blow and the"
Narr" fell down and cried Yoy -Ya -Yoi
In wollof: Fetal nang; ma...Fetal nang-ma

And he ran and held the waiste of the referee and cried to the loud,I am
dead,bullet is in my eye.
And said that "EVEN you are shoot with a rifle ,You will hear a tooi or
a souy"

I want to go back to Mauritainy- Yahai Boray !

Oko Drammeh