GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ebrima Ceesay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Jun 2001 23:42:20 -0000
Kebba Dampha:

Good analysis on Dumo Saho and others!! Interestingly, I was talking to one
of my sources on the phone, this evening, and he indicated to me that people
at home were eagerly waiting for your reaction to these bogus charges
(against Dumo Saho and others), so that it (your posting) can be distributed
in The Gambia, by tommorow morning. He was, in fact, telling me that the
Gambia-L readership in The Gambia, has increased quite considerably over the
period. By the way, he said he has also got copies of the statements made by
Messsrs Darboe and Sanyang and, as a result, he would be typing them so as
to send them to me, via e-mail, as usual, as soon as possible, for our
perusal.

As for Lt Lalo Jaiteh, my source told me, the State has not got an iota of
evidence against him. In fact, according to my source, there is a legal
opinion from the A.G Chambers, which was sent to the NIA, since last year,
recommending that he (Jaiteh) be set free forthwith, because he hasn't
committed any crime, or in other words, he has not been implicated at all,
in all these so-called statements.

So he has been arrested, according my source, simply because the NIA thinks
that he, Lt Jaiteh, is the one most likely to have been sympathetic to
ex-Commisioner Alagie Kanteh's "cause" (if he, Kanteh, had any), given that
they are from the same area or perhaps related. In short, Jaiteh's arrest is
only based on conjectures or guess work.

Annikka: I have asked my source to try and send us further information on
this Italian miscreant - say a profile of him. Hopefully, we'll hear from my
source on this plea. Again, keep the struggle alive. The truth will
eventually carry the day.

Regards,
Ebrima