GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
sonkokunda <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Aug 2006 19:17:40 -0400
Long Live Jaring, Honours brother !

People all over are asking for you. From Bakau to California.Were are you ?

Salute !- Jaring The Super Dee Jay.

Jaring you are the man. You are writing about Ifangbondi on the forum but
you are  worth knowing by the progressive Gambian community and your
contributions to Gambia art and culture and entertainment is emmense.

Jaring the super Dee Jay that set the tone for tourism entertainment
alight. Jaring you were  the promoter of Ifangbondi in Bakau. You were the
fore founders of Nyepeto-Kunda. You were the style maker of Bakau, the
ginie brother.

Having seen you worked at club 98 for many years as a disc jockey you have
performed the most outstanding life shows and a selection fomula of musuc
that was copied by radio station and night clubs.You have donbe a lot for
Ifangbondi by always invited them and myself many times to your excllusive
Euro-African night club in Bakau.

Jaring your are the best.

Remember when I was the only  Rastaman in the Gambia in 1974 and still !
Too much , too much too much.

The rest is history..

Oko Drammeh

P/S I will get back to you on Ifangbondi. First the salute !

Lamin bakarry Sonko <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Thanking u brothers, of all the feedback about IFANBONDI, just recently i
wrote in the site onegambia about these legens of The Gambia.what I did
write was to give a tribute of gratitude to IFANBONDI,now here u started
the ball-rolling.thanks to u Bro:Buharry and King Oko, we the 50-tis do
know very well what these brothers were for the Gambia and the West
Africa. u have said it all.Now! how about a tribute day for them? King Oko
u were maneging them, and  some of them are not with us today. I think it
will be a good idea to have this day exp in The Gambia playing their music
in the GRTS, and concerts in the stadum. How about that?
 I`ve been sending to GL but being rejected, Bro send it to u with many
greetings from Super Soul DJ to Soto-koto
Nostalgia!
Ps: bro just uppdated my acct. Iam around and thanks to all mighty

Lamin Bakarry Sonko (jaring)

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい