GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Joe Sambou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Dec 2003 20:21:37 +0000
Omar, thanks for this update.  It is no surprise that Yaya will order the
remand of Waa and Gambians better wake up.  I urge the rest of the
Alternative leadership and all Gambians to say no to this heavy handedness
by the Yaya and the APRC.  Folks, this is an injustice to all Gambians
regardless of party afiliation and we should put a stop to it.  I hope the
Alternative would not sit and watch Waa abused by these criminals.  It is
time to fill the streets and jails and I urge the grassroots of NDAM and all
Gambians for justice to camp at mile two and force Waa's release.  This
government needs to be given an ultimatum.  We either get liberty or are
willing to die for it.  Yesterday was Ousainou, today is Waa, who is next,
Halifa, Sidia, Hamat, OJ, etc.?  Folks, this is not time for appeal, or
lobby, or being faint at heart - it is time to demand dignity and justice
and Gambians are tired of being abused by Yaya.  It is about time we fill
the streets.  Folks, this arrest of Waa is by design and it is about time we
use Operation No Compromize on Yaya himself.

Chi Jaama

Joe Sambou

>From: omar joof <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Lamin Waa Juwara's Bail Revoked.
>Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 19:59:16 +0000
>
>Fellow Gambians and Friends of The Gambia,
>I have been instructed by my colleagues to inform you that Lamin Waa
>Juwara's bail has been revoked and he has since been returned to Mile 2
>maximum security prisons in Banjul. We are enraged by this unnecessary
>decision by the authorities, particularly inview of the fact that Waa is
>already scheduled to reappear in court tomorrow. We are aware that Mr
>Juwara
>fully intends to make himself available in court tomorrow, and puting him
>in
>custody at this juncture is rather draconian and constitutes an outrageous
>travesty of his rights to bail.
>However, we are confident of his innocence of the charges brought against
>him, and if subjected to a free and fair trial, he will be proven so. But
>the present turn of events is a source of concern to us considering the
>fact
>that Waa's lawyer has already sent a petition to the Chief Justice
>requesting for the case to be given to another Judge. The latest
>development
>is therefore unfortunate and provocative.
>We thank you all for your solidarity.
>Omar Joof.

>http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/bcomm&pgmarket=en-ca&RU=http%3a%2f%2fjoin.msn.com%2f%3fpage%3dmisc%2fspecialoffers%26pgmarket%3den-ca

>Web interface

Our best dial-up offer is back.  Get MSN Dial-up Internet Service for 6
months @ $9.95/month now! http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup