GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ebrima ceesay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 May 2000 17:32:52 PDT
Ndembos Singhatey:

Yes, Mr Lamin Kabba Bajo was sacked today by Mr Jammeh and replaced in his
post by Nai Ceesay, I was told.

Nai Ceesay, who used to be the Director of Immigration, is the new Secretary
of State for Lands and Local Government. Interestingly, Mr Yaya Jammeh is
said to be visiting Gabon, as I write piece, on a one-day working visit.

I am told that Lamin Bajo's Permanent Secretary, Badara Joof, and his Deputy
Permanent Secretary, Sutay Sanyang, have also been fired as part of the
move. I also learnt that Daha Jack, the Director of Lands, is also sacked.

Tombong Saidy: I would be grateful if you could confirm or deny the sacking
of Badara Joof, Sutay Sanyang and Daha Jack.

Gambia-L: We really have a SERIOUS Governance crisis in the Gambia, and if
we do not rescue our nation now, from its hijackers, then the consequences
would be too serious.

Ebrima Ceesay