GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Sep 2001 11:50:10 -0400
This so-called APRC manifesto is nothing but a piece of toilet paper
recycling garbage we have heard several times from gullible APRC stalwarts.
Nothing new. LIES about PPP, STOLEN ‘projects’, meaningless rhetoric about
ACCOUNTABILITY and TRANSPARENCY. Of course the Gambians do NOT take them
seriously and that is why people are jumping by the droves from the APRC
bandwagon to the Alliance.

APRC can LIE about PPP, but they CANNOT lie about their record. Gambians are
LIVING the APRC record. Gambians SAW what happened to our children on April
10 and 11, 2000. Gambians SAW what happened to Ebrima Barry. Gambians SAW
what happened to Dumo et al. Gambians SAW what happened to Koro Ceesay.
Gambians SAW what happened to Gibril Saye and the soldiers buried behind
latrines at the Yundum Barracks. There is no sugar-coating of this
AFPRC/APRC record of murder, mayhem and blatant abuse of human rights.

You move from those abuses and just witness Yaya’s rags to riches story. In
1994, the vermin did NOT even have a ‘Post Office Savings Book’. Now he
boasts that he is the riches man in the country. In seven short years, the
man has looted from us more than anyone can possibly imagine. And he has the
audacity to stand up and talk about corruption, accountability and
transparency. The mental midget does NOT even know the meaning of those
words. Is this NOT the man that intimidated his stooges in Parliament to NOT
discuss his corrupt activities vis-à-vis crude oil coming from Nigeria to
the Gambian people. Does this sound like someone interested in
accountability and transparency? Of course Gambians know that this so-called
manifesto is just empty rhetoric.

All the ‘projects’ they are bragging about were initiated by the PPP
government. Government officials in the old regime drew out all these
project proposals and got promises of funding from our development partners.
What Yaya and his cohorts did (in the main part), is just take credit for
work done by other people. What can the High School drop-outs do?

The vermin decries politics of inducement and patronage, and yet all he does
is parade poor Gambians before GRTS ‘giving’ them tens of thousands of
dalasis he stole from them in the first place. He decries nepotism yet if
you look at all our sensitive security apparatuses in the country all you
see are Kujabis and Jattas. His longest serving minister (Susan Waffa) is a
relative of his. Is this man well?

Of course Gambians that are poorer today than they were seven years ago will
NOT fall for these gimmicks. The morons have NO plans for our sick economy.
They have NO plans to put our groundnut farmers back on their feet. They
have NO plans about repairing the battered image of our country in the
international community in light of the dismissal of a prominent British
diplomat and Baabaa Jobe’s proscription as an international criminal and
Gambia’s proscription as an international outlaw dealing in ‘Blood Diamond’.
There are NO measures to eradicate lawlessness and human rights abuses in
our country. Left to Yaya and his cohorts, our children were slaughtered in
vain (‘ci merci’). ‘We have to thank Yaya and his trigger-happy thugs that
more children were not massacred’. These people are sick.

Gambians now see the emptiness of this ‘Party’. APRC has NOTHING to offer
the Gambian people. They stole power and impose themselves on us for seven
years. At the end of the day, only Yaya and his cohorts can say that they
are better off. They all have millions of dollars stashed in foreign bank
accounts. They illegally seized property belonging to hardworking Gambians
and took those properties for themselves and their families. Meanwhile our
people are poorer. There are no medicines in hospitals. Parents are so poor
they CANNOT afford to put their children through school. What does Yaya care
about our hospitals? The vermin can simply charter a private jet for his
wife to come to America and have a baby. These people do NOT care about
Gambians. If you care about Gambians, you do NOT go around slaughtering
innocent and defenseless children ad denying their families justice.

I hope Gambians look at what this ‘manifesto’ did NOT say. We all already
know that most of what it says are LIES and false promises. On July 22, 1994
the vermin could have fooled Gambians with empty words like accountability,
transparency and lies about PPP corruption. In 2001, there is NO CHANCE for
the vermin to fool the people. APRC now have a record to run on. That record
(of murder, mayhem, corruption, nepotism) is INDEFENSIBLE.
KB