GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"B.M.Jones" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Dec 1999 12:38:02 +0000
Hi Katim,

This is the 419 scam that Nigerians do. Just yesterday on
TV there was a program by an undercover investigative
journalist who infiltrated a gang of Nigerian conmen in
London and secretly filmed them in action. You should have
seen them - well dressed with mobile phones, drinking
champaign and making appointments in expensive hotels.
Needless to say scotland yard is now involved and 20,000
letters like the one posted were intercepted. The
disturbing bit is that the program makers said a gang of
defrauders from West Africa when they jolly well know that
they are Nigerians. According the the program, the Nigerian
government is seriously clamping down on these tricksters.

Basil