GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Mar 2004 22:11:15 EST
Binneh,

You know, in many instances, we have to also remember that these dictators
are backed by countries that claim to be the bastion of democracy, and infact,
these backers know full well that these dictators are just that. Self interest
and not the interest of the people in these countries is what is paramount in
most instances. U.S arms manufaturers have enjoyed selling their wares in
Africa and other poor countries and never cared about the effect that arms
proliferation has on the lives of the people. Now there is U.S corporate interest in
West Africa because of oil discoveries and interest in controlling arms
flowing to terrorists is not the real reason that there is sudden interest in
"helping Africa". The U.S is working to set up their presence and control in every
corner of the World by deployihg soldiers.
The path to tread on this one has become quite wobbly. We want dictators out
but we do not want to be occupied, so how do we navigate this is the question.

Jabou