GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Pa-Pierre Gomez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jan 2008 09:41:04 -0800

'Yahya????Jesus friggin Christ'

Dear Haruna,

The fact that christianity won't police itself does not justify this irreverent use of the name of Jesus Christ

The fact that christians won't go on the rampage to in honour of Jesus Christ does not justify this

The fact that Christians themselves bring dishonour to the name of their Lord does not justify your phrase

The fact that Americans use the name of Jesus in a disrespectful way cannot excuse this phrase

Anyway, Haruna, i am not a religious watch dog. I raised this matter out of curiousity. Cus the same remark directed at some other religions may result in untold catastrophie and loss of life. We should not celebrate IRREVERENCE. Others view irreverence as a catalyst for a bloody showdown.  As i conclude, i want to remind everyone that peace is not only susatined by what we did not say, but it is largely sustained by how much we are prepared to tolerate from each other. My message in short is TOLERANCE.

Pa-Pierre

HAPPY 2008