GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ngai Jobe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Sep 2001 17:57:22 -0500
Tombong,
I have been patiently waiting for your reponse to what KB said below but
then again knowing you I may have to wait in vain.
Selective reporting is a characteristic of yours.

Ngai
On Thu, 20 Sep 2001 10:14:17 -0400, Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>Tombong, you know you are lying through your teeth when you say that you
are
>going to give all the political parties equal time in the coming elections.
>You are so scared of Yaya that you CANNOT be honest. Even in the email you
>sent to announce the nominations, you betrayed your bias. But we all know
>that we do NOT need those tell-tale signs in order to know that you
>mortgaged your soul to the Devil and will do everything to try and steal
the
>elections for your boss (Yaya). You already unashamedly declared your
>LOYALTY to Yaya. You have a dog in this fight. You are NOT neutral.
>
>Out of all the candidates that were registered on Tuesday, was Yaya the
only
>one that was accompanied by ‘jubilating supporters’? If you were as neutral
>as you are pretending to be, you would have reported that the Alliance also
>held a ‘fantastic rally’ at Latrikunda right after the nominations. You
>would have also told us that up to Saturday, September 15, 2001 APRC was
>having problems getting the requisite signatures needed for Yaya to be
>eligible for nomination. Why? Because almost all the APRC supporters in the
>urban area have crossed over to the Opposition. If you had the slightest
>integrity, you would have pointed out that YOUR PARTY (APRC) bussed people
>all the way from Basse in order to pretend that Yaya has some support. We
>know you are NOT fair.
>
>This is NOT about allocating candidates 30 minutes or so to read a
manifesto
>on TV or over radio. We are talking about your LIES and MISINFORMATION. We
>are talking about the stories you choose to report because YOU think those
>stories are the newsworthy items. We are talking about the stories that you
>ignore because YOU know the stories are detrimental to your boss. We are
NOT
>interested in your gimmicks. Meeting with the Parties and promising them
>air-time is nothing to us. We want you to be HONEST. STOP LYING.
>
>Before you send us a letter written for Yaya about the tragedy that befell
>us in the US, why don’t you tell us what the moron’s uncensored comments
>were about the tragedy? Why don’t you tell us what Yaya has done about
>Fatty’s irrational rattling about US policies in the Middleast? To think
>that Gambian taxpayers are paying the salary of that hateful vermin (Fatty)
>is just nauseating. The moron did NOT even care whether innocent Gambians
>lost their lives in this heinous act. Some terrorists attempted to murder
>(in cold blood) more than 100,000 innocent civilians (from all over the
>world) and Fatty thinks that it is America’s fault. And this man is Yaya’s
>spiritual adviser. Sits in numerous boards in the country, including school
>boards. Has a pulpit at Yaya’s State House to propagate his hateful
message.
>And to you, what he said is NOT newsworthy? What he said should be
CONDEMNED
>by Yaya on YOUR GRST. Fatty should be FIRED and taken off the Gambian
>taxpayers’ payroll. What the vermin did should NOT be swept under the
carpet
>by you, like you always do with news items that are unfavorable to your
>boss.
>
>The token minutes you are going to give the candidates when the campaign
>officially begins, is NOTHING. Gambians that are paying your salary want to
>hear and see a FAIR reporting of ALL the news; NOT just news that is
>favorable to Yaya. It is unfortunate that people like you have not yet
>smelled the coffee and start engaging in some damage control. Yaya has
>already told you that he has stolen from us enough money to bolt the
country
>when he is defeated. I guess you guys are in denial. Yaya is finished.
>KB
>

>>From: TOMBONG SAIDY <[log in to unmask]>
>>To: [log in to unmask]
>>Subject: Re: TOMBONG SAIDY -Re: NOMINATION DAY, SEPT. 18TH, 2001
>>Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 05:59:05 -0500
>>
>>Dear Mr. Owens,
>>
>>Do not worry too much about GRTS. We will give each political party equal
>>air time just as we did during the by-elections. You did not hear them
>>complain during or after the by-elections about air time on GRTS.
>>
>>As a matter of fact, I will be holding a meeting with all the political
>>parties about the elections coverage. Again as I did before the
>>by-elections, I will post the rules and regulations plus the schedule for
>>each political broadcast and rallies.
>>
>>You will get the details.
>>
>>PEACE
>>
>>Tombong

>>if you have problems accessing the web interface and remember to write
your
>>full name and e-mail address.
full name and e-mail address.
-

Tombong,
Could you please respond to the many questions posed by Kebba Dampha...
Thanks in advance.
Ngai.